[TN-Bird] 12 Double-crested Cormorants at Radnor Lake, Davidson Co.

  • From: Jan Shaw <jankshaw1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-BIRD <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 10:58:58 -0500

8-5-2014
Radnor Lake
Davidson Co.

The past few weeks I've been seeing 5 Double-crested Cormorants at Radnor
Lake, mostly perched on a fallen dead tree in the water, and occasionally
swimming and feeding. This morning I was surprised to count 12, 2 adults
and 10 juveniles. This is the most I've seen there, except for flocks that
have flown over in the past.

Also seen from the road there today were 6 Green Herons (7 last Friday), 2
Great Blue Herons, Ruby-throated Hummingbird, Eastern Kingbird, Pewee,
Acadian Flycatcher, Great Crested Flycatcher, 2 Yellow Warblers, 4
Blue-gray Gnatcatchers including young, lots of Wood Ducks, a few Canada
Geese and the same Black Duck that's been there since last winter. A male
Indigo Bunting was carrying food at the Hall Tract, and the Barn Swallows
have fledged their second brood. Hen Turkeys with young have been seen the
past week.

Jan Shaw
Nashville, TN