[tlug] New Website

  • From: Brandon Russel Blackwell <brb023@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 12:17:23 -0500

As most of you know unless you have the forum bookmarked directly I've made us a new site. Suggestions are still welcome as long as they don't require me doing a complete overhaul of the site. As far as details go the nav is now in a frame so it can be changed in one spot and be changed everywhere. The main content is also in a frame. This does have a downside though in that I can't figure out a way to adjust frame size to fit content without using javascript and being that not using javascript at all was one of my goals when redoing the site I'm stuck. If somebody knows how though feel free to let me know. To fix not being able to resize I made the frame very large which means it should be large enough to fit all content that should show up in the frame. Search now has its own page instead of being at the bottom of every page which I like more. The downloads section is the biggest change from the old site. I know it looks weird in konqueror but I can't help that its being stupid and doesn't see scrolling="no" for some reason. Its still usable though so unless some of you use konqueror as your main browser I'm not gonna put much effort into fixing it. IE is a little better but wants to put a border. I can fix that but it would require me making lots of stuff that would bloat the site which I don't feel is justifiable for a microsoft product especially for a few pixel border around the main pic. Works great in firefox and opera and the many mozilla based browsers. If there are any other browsers you use that you want working and its not let me know and I'll see what I can do. If your browser for some reason doesn't support frames you can forget since I'm not redoing the site without frames. Also the downloads section works with frames, no javascript or php or other scripting language involved. Again if you have any suggestions let me know. I know you'll have something to say droops so lay it on me.

Brandon