[tlug] Re: Forum Changes

  • From: Brandon Blackwell <brb023@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 18:51:42 -0500

Actually I will be handling the tentative schedule but everyone can still send everything to tlug@xxxxxxxxxx since I also check that address often during the school year. Not so much in the summer since all I have is dial up and its hardly worth it to even get online.

And a note on meetings. The first will be September 15th and will be and introduction to TLUG. Also some administrative things will need to be taken care of with officers and anyone else who wants to stick around. The meeting after that will be an introduction to Linux but it will depend on what is decided in the administrative part of the first meeting if it will be the next week or if we want to go to the every other week schedule so as to not run out of presentations like we did this last year. If we are gonna stick with every week we are gonna need a lot more than the 3 of us that did most of the presentations this year especially since one is no longer here and one will be graduating in the fall.

Sorry about slightly hijacking this thread.

Brandon Blackwell
TLUG President

tlug@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello everyone! I hope that your summer is going alright, I just wanted to bring a couple of things to your attention so that you weren't left with any surprises.

First of all, in an effort to combat spam and advertising on the TLUG forums, I have implemented a custom profile field that is required to have a value filled in for it upon registration. For more information about this, please check this thread: http://tlug.latech.edu/board/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=159

Also, I have written up some general guidelines for conduct while using the TLUG forums. I know that most of this is redundant, but I just wanted everyone to know about them. This thread also contains important information about the new custom profile field, and I want everyone to read it and make sure they understand. This thread can be found here: http://tlug.latech.edu/board/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=160

Also, it does not state this in the thread, but these new guidelines will begin to be enforced after the first meeting of the fall 2009 quarter, so don't worry about losing your account over the summer. However, I would still like everyone to read these guidelines so that they know how to fill out the new profile field.

I will be updating the website very soon. I won't give an exact date because we all know that deadlines are hardly ever met on time. If anyone has any suggestions for panels or presentations for meetings, please send them in to me or post them on the forums under "Ideas". Later, I will also post a tentative schedule for reference.

Remember, if anyone has any questions, you can email me at tlug@xxxxxxxxxxx

Adele Richards, Webmaster