[tiy] Re: (No To: tiy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • From: Andre Gaschler <gaschler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 09:25:52 +0100

Dear Raivis,

(I'm copying on the mailing list to share the answer.)

Yes, TIY is made for recognizing the arrangement of spherical markers,
and will accept some occlusion, e.g., two markers on the back of your head
are not visible.
However, make sure you have *two* IR cameras. TIY first triangulates the
3D positions of all markers, then recognizes arrangements of markers.
Arrangements must be calibrated first, with at least one image showing all.

However, 30 meters are unrealistic for IR retroreflective lighting
(unless the room is very dark maybe).
Please see my previous answer
//www.freelists.org/post/tiy/tiy-server-boost-error,20
I'm not sure if 30 meters could be covered by very strong IR lights.

-Andre

On 11/19/2015 07:39 AM, Raivis Kampenuss wrote:

Hi Andre,

My name is Raivis and I came across your TIY
<https://github.com/gaschler/tiy/> project while researching on what
is available regarding object 3D tracking and I have a couple of
questions.

My current understanding of your TIY library is that, for example, if
I will mount some little balls on my head and walk around, then it
will track the location of my head in 3 dimensions. In how big of an
area I can walk? Will it be able to track me in 30 meter by 30 meter
square area?

Kindly,
Raivis