[tipsdiscussion] [discussion] Alert -- TIPSNET Topic 4/8 SKYWARN Guests NWS and NHC Reps

  • From: John N1IWT and Anne K1STM <tipsnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tipsdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 23:07:06 -0300

(All are welcome to listen and participate - Please forward to as many
outlets that you have)

TIPStopic 4/08/2008 National Weather Service (NWS) and National
Hurricane Center (NHC) == Readiness and SKYWARN involvement == We will
be joined by a team of weather experts including: William Babcock, SR
Meteorologist NWS-Taunton, MA, Julio Ripoll Architect WD4R, WX4NHC
Amateur Radio Asst. Coordinator, Rob Macedo, KD1CY, SEC EMA, Amateur
Radio Liason and VoIP Liason for WX_TALK Hurricane nets, Steve Williams,
K1SJW DEC- SKYWARN - CT and Roger Jeanfaivre, SKYWARN Coordinator for
Hartford-Tolland CT.

Bill was our guest with Rob in January and Julio was a guest 2 summers ago.

Others on our panel will be regional SKYWARN coordinators to discuss
happenings around our country.

The main discussion will be the importance of being involved as the
local 'local' eyes and ears of the National Weather Service. How you can
become a trained weather spotter and report observed weather events.

73,

John N1IWT Program & Publicity Manager
www.tipsnet.org
tipsnet@xxxxxxxxxxx
n1iwt@xxxxxxxxxxx
k1stm@xxxxxxxxxxx
Contact: 860-628-6454

TIPSnet meets every Tuesday at 7:30pm local time (EST) / 0030z on
several RF linked repeaters throughout New England and New York State,
including the Linked Repeater System of Connecticut. National and
International connections are welcome via the New England Gateway –
EchoLink Conference *NEW-ENG* (node # 9123) and IRLP Reflector 912,
Channel 3 (node # 9123). Live streaming audio is available on the web at
http://new-eng.com.

TIPSdiscussion welcomes messages from members please POST at:
tipsdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Our Info Page and Web Portal (the easy way to get to your acct)
www.freelists.org/list/tipsdiscussion

Subscribe to the list send a blank email with SUBSCRIBE in the subject field:
tipsdiscussion-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unsubscribe by sending a blank email with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject to:
tipsdiscussion-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx