[TIPSdiscussion] [Fwd: VK2FPAC Silent Key]

  • From: John N1IWT <n1iwt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TIPSdiscussion <tipsdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 10:01:38 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        VK2FPAC Silent Key
Date:   Wed, 12 May 2010 20:51:22 +1000
From:   Grahame O'Brien <vk2fa@xxxxxxxx>
To:     John N1IWT <n1iwt@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Mark Christian <kb6srt@xxxxxxxxx>,
<kt1ng@xxxxxxxx>

Hi Mark

  It saddens me to have to inform you that Paul VK2FPAC passed away last
Monday morning the 3rd of May at about 5.30 am from a massive Heart
Attack. Paul was only 39 years old.

Paul was a very kind guy who would have given someone the shirt of his
back if it was required.

Paul got a great deal of pleasure out of talking to people on your
repeater and the people that he had made friends with all over the world.

I have to say I will miss Paul's friendly demeanour on our vk2rnc repeater.

If you know anyone who talked to Paul you might let them know of Paul's
passing.

Below is the speech I made about Paul at his funeral.

Thanking your operators that talked to Paul for the time they gave him.

Kind Regards

Grahame O'Brien

Mark would you please let Rick the truck driver know about Paul.

*Grahame O’Brien*

*Education Officer for The Hunter Radio Group*

* *

* *

*I assessed Paul Caban VK2FPAC for his Amateur Radio licence about five
years ago.  Paul demonstrated during his assessment a high degree of
ability to use the radio and to be able to carry on long, long
conversations on many varied topics. *

* *

*Paul discovered Echolink which is an interface system to connect from
the radio to the internet, which allowed someone here in Australia to be
able to be connected to a radio system anywhere in the world, as a
result of this, Paul soon developed a number of friends all over the
world from truck drivers racing down the freeways in California, to
Electrical Engineers and computer engineers also in the US.*

* *

*Paul was also very interested in HF radio; this is High Frequency radio
that allows you to be able to talk all over the world when good radio
conditions prevail.  *

* *

*Paul and Karen always supported and attended the lady’s nights that we
have at the Hunter Radio Group, the lady’s nights are the special nights
that our group has where the males take out their partners and wives as
a small reward for putting up with our radio enthusiasm throughout the
year.*

* *

*Paul was also a very competent motor mechanic and was not afraid to
help anyone with the benefit of his vast experience gained from his
years in this field.*

* *

*In conclusion, Paul’s family, Karen and her family, as well as Amateur
radio have lost a top bloke.   *

* *

*Rest In Peace Paul, we are all going to miss your company and friendly
smile. *
TIPSdiscussion welcomes messages from members please POST at:
tipsdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Our Info Page and Web Portal (the easy way to get to your acct)
www.freelists.org/list/tipsdiscussion

Subscribe to the list send a blank email with SUBSCRIBE in the subject field:
tipsdiscussion-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unsubscribe by sending a blank email with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject to:
tipsdiscussion-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tell your friends about TIPSnet!!!