[TIPSdiscussion] Fw: SATERN Retirements/Appointments

  • From: "Anne, K1STM" <k1stm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tipsdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 16:16:03 -0400

FYI.
----- Original Message -----
From: WW9E@xxxxxxx
To: ww9e@xxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 5:08 PM
Subject: SATERN Retirements/Appointments

This will serve as notice that Jim Adams WA0LSB, SATERN National Net Director,
and Tom Buchan N9AL SATERN 20 Meter Net Director will be retiring from their
positions of SATERN leadership after having served for 12 years at their posts.

The Salvation Army and its communication component of EDS, SATERN was well
served by both of these gentleman the past 12 years. They were always at alert,
ready to serve. They consistently participated in the ongoing nets, exercises
and when disaster struck, they were there prepared to lead the network.

SATERN grew rapidly during these years to a membership of over 4300 and
dynamically responded to catastrophe after catastrophe. It wasn't uncommon for
a net to last for days, or even for most of a month when needed. I think of
Hurricane Mitch, 911, the 2004 Hurricanes of Florida, and a number of other
call outs to the net. All needed critical communication into a disaster zone,
and these gentleman had our troops primed and ready to respond. I say to Jim
and Tom, and also all the others who came together to make it work, that The
Salvation Army applauds your commitment and the kind of initiative which
resulted in the mitigation of disaster in times of great crisis. I represent
many people who say, "Thank you."

I congratulate Tom and Jim on their retirement from leadership but I happily
anticipate that they will continue serving on as SATERN volunteers on the
various nets.

I also want to congratulate and announce the new appointments for the positions
of SATERN National Net Director and SATERN 20 Meter Net Director.

Ed Schumacher WA9GQK, is appointed as the New SATERN National Net Director and
John Strobal, K0PAL is appointed as the new SATERN 20 Meter Net Director.

Ed, a veeteran ham, has served The Salvation Army well as an EDS volunteer out
of the Metropolitan Division. I first met him on the fields of the Plainfield
tornado disaster of 1990. He later became part of SA EDS and a SATERN member
and took part in the numerous exercises and responses out of that division. He
has also been a consistent participant in the HF SATERN nets, has a world of
experience in communications and engineering, and helped set up the Metro EDS
Communication room, which provides state of the art communications for The
Salvation Army in the Chicago area.

John also has similar qualifications, although his field of endeavor
professionally was in music education as a college professor, he is a long time
ham, serves with one of the finest SATERN and EDS Teams out of the MOKAN
Division, headquartered in Kansas City, and has been a consistent, vibrant,
dynamic part of that division's efforts and the SATERN International Net. He is
an established, positive force on the SATERN network and has been for years.

Please join me in welcoming these new folks to their respective ministries on
behalf of The Salvation Army, thanking them for the service they are about to
provide and also join me in congratulating and thanking the outgoing folks who
have served us so well.

Thank you and God bless you.

Sincerely,

Patrick E. McPherson WW9E
Major (R)
National Director
SATERN
satern.org

6860 Hagar Shore Rd
Coloma, MI 49038

269-605-9945 - Cell

TIPSdiscussion welcomes messages from members please POST at:
tipsdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Our Info Page and Web Portal (the easy way to get to your acct)
www.freelists.org/list/tipsdiscussion

Subscribe to the list send a blank email with SUBSCRIBE in the subject field:
tipsdiscussion-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unsubscribe by sending a blank email with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject to:
tipsdiscussion-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tell your friends about TIPSnet!!!