[TIPSdiscussion] Fw: ARLX003 Haiti Amateur Radio Frequency Update/Reciprocal Operating Clearance

  • From: "Anne, K1STM" <k1stm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tipsdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 16:39:01 -0500

FYI
----- Original Message -----
From: "ARRL Web site" <memberlist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <k1stm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <Subscribed ARRL Members:>
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2010 2:34 PM
Subject: ARLX003 Haiti Amateur Radio Frequency Update/Reciprocal Operating
Clearance

> SB SPCL @ ARL $ARLX003
> ARLX003 Haiti Amateur Radio Frequency Update/Reciprocal Operating
> Clearance
>
> ZCZC AX03
> QST de W1AW
> Special Bulletin 3  ARLX003
> From ARRL Headquarters
> Newington CT  January 25, 2010
> To all radio amateurs
>
> SB SPCL ARL ARLX003
> ARLX003 Haiti Amateur Radio Frequency Update/Reciprocal Operating
> Clearance
>
> Considering the improving communications situation in Haiti, Dr
> Cesar Pio Santos, HR2P, IARU Region 2 EMCOR, announced the release
> of HF frequencies, including 7.045 and 3.720 MHz, for normal use.
> He states, "We thank the world radio amateur community for their
> support in keeping these frequencies clear during the past days."
>
> In addition, CONATEL (the Haitian Telecomm regulator) has set up
> temporary offices and released a public notice. Amateurs wishing to
> operate in Haiti to assist with disaster relief need to contact
> CONATEL to get formal reciprocal operating clearance.
>
> The text of the CONATEL public notice is as follows:
>
> The National Council of Telecommunications (CONATEL) hereby notifies
> the general public, and those particularly impacted, that following
> the widespread damage caused by the violent earthquake of January
> 12, 2010, a satellite office of CONATEL was installed at Number 97
> of the Avenue Panaméricaine in Pétion-Ville with the goal of
> assuring the continuity of its work. This arrangement will allow,
> among other things, better coordination for establishing a temporary
> emergency telecommunications network in Haiti.
>
> Consequently, all concerned are asked to contact CONATEL at the
> above mentioned address between 9 AM and 1 PM and throughout the day
> at the following telephone numbers: (you must dial the international
> calling code 011 and then the Haitian country code 509 first):
> 3454-0541, 2516-0000 or 3702-1414, or at these e-mail addresses:
> techommunication@xxxxxxxx or info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx before any use of
> telecommunications equipment or the spectrum resources.
>
> We hope to avoid interference problems and possible conflicts
> between the incumbent operators established in Haiti and those who
> are newly operating in this unusual circumstance.
>
> The National Council of Telecommunications (CONATEL), while thanking
> the telecommunications service providers for all their efforts to
> keep their networks operational despite the widespread damage that
> has been noted, takes this opportunity to offer its sympathies to
> the families of the victims of the earthquake. Port-au-Prince,
> January 20, 2010, Montaigne Marcelin, Director Général.
> NNNN
> /EX

TIPSdiscussion welcomes messages from members please POST at:
tipsdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Our Info Page and Web Portal (the easy way to get to your acct)
www.freelists.org/list/tipsdiscussion

Subscribe to the list send a blank email with SUBSCRIBE in the subject field:
tipsdiscussion-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unsubscribe by sending a blank email with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject to:
tipsdiscussion-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tell your friends about TIPSnet!!!