[THIN] Re: wyse vs neoware vs vxd

  • From: "Roger Riggins" <Roger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 15:45:18 -0600

The 1200LE can (or will be able to) play some multimedia like mpeg and
audio locally instead of through the session. It's pretty cool. A wyse
tech showed it to me when he came to look at some other issues. I'm not
sure if the software is released yet or not...

Roger Riggins, A+ MCSE CCNA CCA
ACES Systems Engineer
* 319-287-3102
* roger@xxxxxxxxxxxx

From: John A. Vorchak [mailto:jvorchak@xxxxxxxx]=20
Posted At: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 4:28 PM
Posted To: TheThin
Conversation: [THIN] Re: wyse vs neoware vs vxd

What models and OS's?

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
John A. Vorchak (eMVP)
Vorchak Software
Custom Windows XP Embedded and
Windows NT Embedded Components and Solutions
jvorchak@xxxxxxxx
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

On=20
> Behalf Of Rink, Jesse
> Sent: Tuesday, 04 February, 2003 15.53
> To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [THIN] wyse vs neoware vs vxd
>=20
>=20
> Strange thing.
>=20
> I demo'ed eval units from Wyse, Neoware, and VXL.  Using the same
=3D=20
> configuration settings on the clients and on my Windows 2000 Citrix
1.8 =3D
> box, the Wyse outperforms the Neoware and VXL, especially with =3D=20
> multimedia.  What I don't understand is WHY since all three are using
=3D
> the ICA protocol, shouldn't the performance be almost the same?
Curious =3D
> to know why this is happening.  =3D20
> set Digest or Vacation mode use the below link:=20
> http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- File: Roger Riggins.vcf
-- Desc: Roger Riggins.vcf