[THIN] using encryption

  • From: "Pape Sascha" <Sascha.Pape@xxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 22:20:43 +0200

Hi all=20

We've configured our Published Applications using 128bit (RC5) =
encryption and checked=20
the minimum requirement box. I was told that using this setting it would =
be possible
to get the users' logins and passwords by using dsniff because Citrix is =
using=20
weak encryption during the login process and only afterwards the 128Bit =
is enabled.
I haven't managed to get dsniff working but when using ethereal to =
listen to the=20
network traffic I can see that some data like time zone and filenames =
are exchanged=20
in clear text format.=20

I'm wondering if anyone has some more information on this - preferably =
you would have=20
used dsniff to capture the login process.=20

Thanks in advance !

Sascha
This Week's Sponsor - Appsense Technologies
New! AppSense Optimizer is a new product from AppSense
designed to increase the user capacity of your servers.
http://www.appsense.com/