[THIN] strange printer autocreation behavior

  • From: "Pavlo Ignatusha" <pignatusha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Thin. Org (E-mail)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 11:17:18 -0400

Hi group,
Just a quick question. I have a Samsung ML-4500 laser printer attached to an
LPT port on one of the PCs and shared. When a user on that PC gets into
Citrix the printer is autocreated using Citrix Universal driver and it works
fine.

I also have another user, that connects to that Samsung printer over the
network. The user can print to the printer over the network from local apps.
When that user logs into Citrix the printer is autocreated as well but if
she tries to print the printer blinks once and that's it. The print job is
not in the spooler as well if I get her a desctop and try test page it
doesn't work as well.

The question is how come if it works from 1 PC it doesn't work from another
one?
If you think it is a Citrix Universal driver issue maybe someone can suggest
a good mapping for this printer (I only tried good old HP LaserJet 4 to no
avail)

My system:

Citrix MF XPa FR2 on W2K SP3. Clients are W95 PC.

Thanks a lot,

Pavlo Ignatusha
Systems and Network Coordinator
Pembroke General Hospital
Tel. (613) 732-3675 ext.6150
Fax. (613) 732-9986
www.pemgenhos.org

"All that matters is love and work" - Sigmund Freud.

-- Type: application/ms-tnef
-- File: winmail.dat

This weeks sponsor - RTOSoft TScale
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=130