[THIN] Re: network config comprehension

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 07:59:18 -0700

This is a yes/no answer.  Under W2K, it will gladly take both gateway
addresses.  I've deployed my MF farm that way.  Is it smart? Not really,
but it works.    If you are connecting a Public and Private network, W2K3
will throw fits and most likely not work right.  Internally, I've dual
nicced and given both defaults with no problem.

In either case, if you are running WINS or DDNS, be sure to disable the
registration on the non-preferred NIC

adam

                      "Nicolas Ouellet"

                      <nicolas_ouellet@radio        To:
<thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      -canada.ca>                   cc:

                      Sent by:                      Subject:  [THIN] network
config comprehension
                      thin-bounce@freelists.

                      org

                      12/10/2004 07:39 AM

                      Please respond to thin

Can someone explain to me, if you have 2 nic on a server, why you cannot
configure the gateway on both network card?
From what I understand, throught my collegue explanation, Windows
doesn't like it... am I wrong?

This Weeks Sponsor Activaeon.com
Reduce licensing costs with activAeon XA and
get one month completely free.
http://www.activaeon.com