[THIN] Re: message notifier

  • From: "Jon Spriggs" <jon.spriggs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:55:47 +0100

No probs. OK, how about another suggestion?

Make use of some form of Jabber for all staff. Create a "bot" which
can message all staff. This would also encourage inter-office
communications via instant messaging rather than e-mail for "quick"
messages, and would reduce external communications about corporate
data over MSN messenger or the sort.

By adding the Jabber Client to the build of all workstations, and
making it start up on startup, then inform all users that server-down
notifications will always be broadcast over Jabber should encourage
staff to use it, meaning you'll only need to reboot a server once with
a Jabber Broadcast, and suddenly all your staff will keep it open! :)

There are Jabber Daemons for Windows and Linux, and Jabber clients for
just about every platform under the sun!

Regards,

Jon "The Nice Guy" Spriggs