[THIN] Re: mapping printers

  • From: "Joshua Owen" <joshua.owen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:49:59 +0000

Have a look the link below, might be of use, can map printers using
run.dll.
http://techsupt.winbatch.com/TS/T000001031F17.html

Jos

This e-mail and any documents attached to it are confidential &
intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). We apologise if you
have received them in error, but would be grateful if you could
destroy
them & notify us immediately by return e-mail to
careers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To rely on, reproduce, disseminate, disclose, modify, and/or publicise
them is strictly prohibited and Calderdale & Kirklees Careers disclaim
all responsibility & accept no liability, including in negligence, for
any resulting consequences whatsoever.
>>> Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 25/02/04 3:27:15 am >>>

Nope...SP3. I'm not trying to map a print server. I want to MANUALLY
(via
a batch file) map the client's local pc.
adam

"Alexander
Danilychev" To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<teknica@hotmail. cc:
com> Subject: [THIN] Re: mapping printers
Sent by:
thin-bounce@freel
ists.org

02/24/2004 04:31
PM
Please respond to
thin

Are you on Win2k SP4 (your print server)?

ALEX

>From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [THIN] Re: mapping printers
>Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:29:49 -0700
>
>Anyone else have a suggestion?
>
>adam
>
>----- Forwarded by Adam Baum/genserv/mesaaz on 02/24/2004 03:30 PM
-----

> Adam.Baum@cityofm
> esa.org To:
> thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Sent by: cc:
> thin-bounce@freel Subject: [THIN] Re:
>mapping printers
> ists.org
>

> 02/24/2004 10:06
> AM
> Please respond to
> thin
>

>tried the net use command. I get a "System error 87 has occurred. The
>network name cannot be found". This is strange because I can map a
drive
>using net use c: \\client\c$ . It's either not seeing the printer
share or
>it doesn't like the space in the printer name. I tried using quotes
and
it
>failed too. I should mention that I have disabled drive and printer
>mapping in User Manager. Drive mapping still works when I do it
manually.

>adam
>

> "Shonk, Joe -
>
> Perot" To:
>"' thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx' " < thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx >
>
> < JShonk@xxxxxxx > cc:
>
> Sent by: Subject: [THIN] Re:
>mapping
>printers
> thin-bounce@freel
>
> ists.org
>

> 02/24/2004 09:24
>
> AM
>
> Please respond to
>
> thin
>

>net use lpt1: \\client\canon BJC-85
>
>Or throught the Network Neighborhood GUI.
>
>Joe

Stay informed on Election 2004 and the race to Super Tuesday.
http://special.msn.com/msn/election2004.armx