[THIN] Re: how to prepopulate IE with site certs?

  • From: Kevin Stewart <kevin.g.stewart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 18:36:31 -0400

They publish an install executable (both in EXE and MSI format) called
"InstallRoot". It installs all of the DoD and ECA vendor trusted roots. You
should just be able to distribute this as you do any other install.
Additionally, it does not require admin rights (i'm pretty sure) so you
could potentially check for it and install if the user doesn't have the
certs installed. And last, the file is updated fairly regularly as new CA's
are stood up, so you'll need to take that into account as well.

Kevin Stewart

--
Kevin G. Stewart