[THIN] Re: blades versus VMWARE

  • From: "Luchette, Jon" <JLuchette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 18:21:07 -0400

Chris,

Thanks for your replies here.  We do actually have a SAN in place so your
last statement sounds good.  What is the difference between VMWARE ESX and
GSX?  You said that we would need a SAN to fully utilize all the advantages
of ESX, so I am assuming with ESX we are talking about actual VMWARE
hardware and that would be significantly more expensive?  Am I mistaken?
What are the differences between ESX and GSX and why would we benefit more
from ESX based on what you know about my environment already?

TY

/jL