[THIN] Your input....

  • From: "Schneider, Chad M" <CMSchneider@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 14:08:39 -0500

Our farm began local.  All DB servers are in the same server room as Citrix
servers and the like.  I kept the roaming profile sin that same area on
their own server as well.  Now, we have grown to having multiple zones,
across the country, physically.  Those zones were placed for their own
apps., again all kept local to them.  I also kept their roaming profile
local to them.

Now, those remote zones/locations are asking to access applications which
are housed here.  My concern is that users in Indiana, with roaming profiles
housed there, are now accessing applications on server in WI.  This causes
excess traffic, as when they make a connection, their roaming profile must
be copied across the WAN.

How do others handle this type of situation?