[THIN] Word cannot call Outlook - cannot load the e-mail envelope

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 22:03:04 -0500

I have an application that many users run which allows them to print a
Word document to the screen, then use the e-mail feature in word.  This
works most of the time, but on random users, at random times, we will
get a "word cannot load the e-mail envelope".  All my searches and KB
articles seem to not relate to my setup (Office 2003, no customized
install).

To fix the problem, I can tell a user to make sure Outlook is open on
the Citrix server, or we can blow out the users profile and set it up
again, and it will work without Outlook being open.

Neither is a good option, because many of these users do not run Outlook
itself through Citrix, and deleting and setting up profiles is time
consuming.

Has anyone seen this on Office 2003 and know of any viable fixes?