[THIN] Re: Windows XP and Nfuse access

  • From: Jim Kenzig <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 10:59:19 -0400

CTX582103

The following problem may be seen after upgrading a server from
MetaFrame XP Feature Release 1 (FR1) to Feature Release 2 (FR2).

In the Win32 1050 client when trying to use the "User-specified
credentials" under the Logon Information tab to Autologon to a server
that was upgraded from MetaFrame XP FR1to FR2, the NT Gina may be
displayed instead of the credentials being passed automatically.

Resolution
Clear the "Use default NT Authentication" check box in the Advanced
Connection settings as follows:

Run the Citrix Connection Configuration utility.
Edit the ICA-TCP Listener.
Click on the Advanced.. button.
Under the "Security" section make sure the "Use the Default NT
Authentication" Check box is UNCHECKED.

Details
If the "Use the Default NT Authentication" checkbox is selected, then
all logons will be forced through the MSGINA. If the checkbox is not
selected, then third-party GINAs such as CTXGINA.DLL will be used.
Steps to Reproduce

Run the Win32 1050 client from the MF XP FR2 server or from a
workstation and configure the "User-specified credentials" under the
Logon Information tab from either the App Set Settings or from the
Properties of a Custom connection.
When connecting to a Published app, the NT GINA will be displayed.

JK