[THIN] Windows Firewall issues

  • From: "Stratton, Doug ISMC:EX" <Doug.M.Stratton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 13:48:30 -0800

We are using PS3 with 2005.04. Windows 2003 sp1

We try not to do program exceptions in the firewall.

When I use the Access Suite Console I have multiple problems.

1st - When I open the console and it starts to do discovery I get a
Windows Security Alert
        To help protect your computer ...... Your network Administrator
can unblock this program..
        Name WMI

2nd - When I click on a server to get information I get this error
        The server "name" cannot be contacted (message: the rpc server
is unavailable.  Error 0x800706ba)

        and I gett a bunch of firewall logs like this
        DROP TCP SOURCESERVER DESTINATIONSERVER (src-port RANGE FROM
1580 1653, APPROX) dst-port 4027 (BITXPRESSS??) ......

If I turn off the firewall I don't get these messages.

Any idea what I have to open up on the firewall to get all this to go
away.

Doug Stratton
Technology Engineering Services, ISM Canada
Together with Shared Services BC
Telephone: 250-704-1861
Fax: 250-704-1889
E-mail: <mailto:stratton@xxxxxxxxxx