[THIN] Re: Windows 2003 SP1

  • From: Philip Walley <mythinlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 13:33:31 -0600

there are several apps that only have one server.

Joe Shonk wrote:
Why would you need a downtime? We do this now in several 24x7 environments. Joe

On 3/24/06, *Philip Walley* <mythinlist@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:mythinlist@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I would say that is unacceptable by most standards. my environment for
    example runs production servers that require 24x7 access. downtime to
    rebuild is not acceptable.

Joe Shonk wrote:
> Well, Citrix and TS are generally considered disposable servers. A
> rebuild of the Citrix servers (atleast for the companies I work
with)
> is quite simple. It's actually easier for us to add/replace a
> component in our scripts and redeploy than it is to "Upgrade" and
> clean up the aftermath.
>
> I know it seems rediculous to want to have a "clean" install of
the OS
> and ServicePack vs just installing the ServicePack later
on, but it's

<mailto:emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<mailto:emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>> wrote:

> Or call Citrix support for assistance? For the amount of
money we
> pay for Citrix, I'd be really ticked off if the only
solution was
> to re-install. Does anyone else find that unacceptable?
>
> I certainly can appreciate the desire to have "clean"
installs of

<mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> [mailto: