[THIN] Re: Windows 2000 terminal services and HPBAFD.INI

  • From: Dogers <dogers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:03:06 +0100

Looking at whats in my (winxp) machines file, it seems to keep a log
of whats (app wise) recently been printing, by some HP drivers. Dont
know which ones, but we've got 8100, 4600 and 4000 installed here. I'd
imagine its common to all?

Not had any problems with it though!

Andrew

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 15:26:48 +0100, Patrick Burke <pat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As per another thread in this list, I too have identified this file
> HPBAFD.INI as the source of occasional loss of connection to my terminal
> servers. The application lockout apparently caused (in some manner) by this
> file usually occurs during a printing event. In addition, Veritas Backup
> Exec identifies this file as incomplete when trying to back it up.
> The file is always recreated when deleted and therefore required by the
> printing environment. If anyone else has seen this and discovered what it is
> for, a response would be appreciated. There is almost no other mention of
> this issue on the web.
This Weeks Sponsor RTO Software
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=320