[THIN] WinNT TS users need personal file folders

  • From: JTrainer@xxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 12:20:56 -0500

Hello,

Perhaps this issue has been sent here before and answered, but my search
of the archives turned up nothing. If this has already been answered,
please point me in the direction of the appropriate archive item(s).

Our TS users, now using the Internet and E-Mail and receiving files from
these resources, desperately need a way to safely and easily save those
files for use. The system in place now provides a home directory on a
separate server which is mapped to a drive letter (U:). However, our
security policies lock out the ability to see ANY drives in My Computer.
We want to keep this, except for the U: drive. Is there a way to JUST
allow the U: drive to be displayed in My Computer in a way that this can
be done for over 250 users?

The other issue is default save-to folders. Right now, if a user were to
save a file, the servers default to their own C:\WTSRV folder. Can this be
changed to U:\, again, in a way that it can be done for over 250 users?

I know I can do it one user at a time, but for the number of users we
have, multiplied by the number of load-balancing TS servers we use, this
is not a very good choice.

I appreciate your help!

John W. Trainer IV
MIS Department