[THIN] W2K TS Licensing

  • From: Tim Anderson <timothylanderson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 16:47:42 -0600

I've got a client who intermittently experiences problems connecting
to their Citrix servers.  The servers will show Error 1004 - The
Terminal Server cannot issue a client license.  After several tries
the user can login to the server.

Since then I've scrapped the old TS licensing server and activated a new one.

Since bringing the new TS Licensing server online most clients have no
issues logging on.  On serveral cleints we blew away the TS Cal they
currently had just to verify they were using the new licensing server.
 Of those 1 client is getting a new TS Cal but the workstation does
not show in the Terminal Services Licensing app.  We've repeated the
procedure several times to be sure and each time the workstation gets
a new CAL but does not show up in TS Licesning.  At this point we are
not sure that the new licesning server has resolved the issue for all
clients but we were unable to find one that could not login.

Any ideas??

TS Licensing Server = Windows 2000 Domain Controller SP4
Citrix Servers = Windows 2000 SP4 / Citrix Metaframe FR3
Client with the issue = Windows XP SP2

Many Thanks and Happy Holidays !
http://www.seamlessplanet.com