[THIN] Re: Very Long Logoffs

  • From: David Finch <david.finch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 18:19:05 +1000

We've jus been through the same thing.

The Simple diagnostic process is:
Step 1. Use TaskMgr to check what processes are running against the users
Step 2. Kill processes one at a time until they log off

At least you'll know what the guilty party is (it may be UPHClean itself) -
then you have to work out why....

It can't be any worse than us discovering today that one of our clients was
starting WINWORD.EXE in the background against every user from the login script
- and not closing it - so when users shut their apps they weren't logging off -
they were just disconnecting....

And it's been like this all year and nobody noticed :-(

David Finchy

> M <mathras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> MessageWhat information is UPHClean reporting to you in the event logs ?
>
> What AV are you running ? Symantec 10 ?
> Running SMS client ?
>
> As a matter of interest ... why 2003 Enterprise ?
>
> Regards

Regards
David Finch
This Weeks Sponsor: Cesura, Inc.
Know about Citrix end-user slowdowns before they know.
Know the probable cause, immediately.
Know it all now with this free white paper.
http://www.cesurasolutions.com/landing/WPBCForCitrix.htm?mc=WETBCC