[THIN] VB app on Win 2k3: fonts look different?

  • From: "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 14:19:47 -0500

We are publishing a VB app a consultant wrote for us. It looks good on
our Windows 2000 systems, but when published from our test Windows 2003
terminal server, the labels for the various fields on the forms look
scrunched together, and in some cases, the label is truncated. Other
applications published on this server look OK ... It's only this VB app
that is having the problem.

The developer says they are using the MS Sans Serif font, which is
installed on both server. However, the Windows 2000 server has version
1.10 of that font, and 2003 has version 1.45. Could there be enough
difference in the font's kerning and spacing tables to create this
problem, or is it a VB problem (Should be VB 6 on both systems) or is it
some setting I'm missing? (To my knowledge, the system are configured
identically when it comes to fonts, screen size, published app
appearance, etc).

---
The T drive is not backed up
This Weeks Sponsor triCerat:
Have you had your fill of printing support calls, unauthorized apps running on
unsecured Terminal Servers, profile headaches, and application performance
problems? Join us and learn how you can have a less demanding on-demand
enterprise!
http://www.tricerat.com/?page=events#register