[THIN] User Trust Intersection Change

  • From: "Robert K Coffman Jr - Info From Data Corporation" <bcoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 08:56:07 -0400

Environment is NT4 TSE/Metaframe XPe 1.0 SP1.

Ran into a problem yesterday that still has me scratching my head.  I
attempted to add a server to a published app, and when I did a dialog box
popped up that was titled "User Trust Intersection Change" which indicates
that the security group(s) defined for the published app were not valid for
all of the servers.

Additionally, and certainly related, it was discovered that no domains would
enumerate if an attempt was made to modify the users of the published app.

All of the servers in question were in the same domain, and I verified that
the computer accounts for these servers were valid and there were no other
issues related to domain membership.  The security groups involved were also
in that domain.

I found out that as long as I had a single, specific server in an app, then
domains would enumerate and I could modify it.  But as soon as I attempted
to add additional servers, the problem returned.  It didn't matter where I
ran the CMC from, the behavior was the same.

I restored the data store to a point prior to the modifications I made, and
it returned connectivity to the original state, but I can't make changes.  A
call will be made to Citrix to work with them on this issue, but I thought I
would throw this out there to perhaps get some ideas and help someone else
down the road.

By the way, if you want single incident support from Citrix on the weekend,
you are screwed.

- Bob Coffman

This Weeks Sponsor triCerat:
Have you had your fill of printing support calls, unauthorized apps running on
unsecured Terminal Servers, profile headaches, and application performance
problems? Join us and learn how you can have a less demanding on-demand
enterprise!
http://www.tricerat.com/?page=events#register