[THIN] Unable to connect to Citrix Server via ICA

  • From: "Steve Rance" <Steve.Rance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 16:31:15 -0000

I have a brand new Compaq PC running Windows XP and have installed the =
6.30.1050 32-bit client onto it.  I then  creating a ICA Custom =
Conenction (as I have done a hundred times before) to connect to the =
Citrix server which is on the local LAN.   When I create the connection =
it sees the server and all the pub. apps.  When I try to connect I get =
"Network or dialup problems are preventing communications with the =
Citrix Server". The same happens on Published Applications.

Configuring Citrix Program Neighbourhood is something I have done many =
times before on W98, WNT, W2K and WXP, and never had this problem before =
using exactly the same settings as I have done here.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the client.
The user is an administrator of the local PC.
Nothing in the event log to do with this issue.
Checked NETWORK/DNS/WINS entries.
I can ping and connect to shares on the Citrix Server.
If I telnet to Citrix server on 1494 I get the response "ICA".
I have free connection licences on the Citrix server.
I downloaded and upgraded the client to 6.31.1051.  This had no affect.
I have looked at the Citrix Knowledge Base and found nothing that =
helped.
I searched the archives of thin.net, and didn't found anything that =
helped.
I have tried swearing at it, and hitting head against desk.

OK what have a missed?, anyone got any headache pills?

Grateful for any help before I go mad,

Thanks,

Steve