[THIN] USB-IT feedback

  • From: "Rob Slayden" <rslayden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 11:14:36 -0700

Happy Thursday to all!

I am looking for feedback on the Provision Networks USB-IT product. Has
anyone used it? Does it work well? Has anyone used it for bi-directional
communication to USB devices other than handhelds? The reason I ask is
we are trying to develop a solution to implement a device at our fitness
clubs that requires 2-way communication between a USB device and a
website to upload data from the device. It's called BodyBugg and it
tracks a user's caloric expenditure which they then upload to the
website via USB cable connected to this device. I want the ability to
deploy device communication to each of our fitness clubs over our
existing Citrix MetaFrame XPe 1.0 FR3/SP4 infrastructure using our
existing Wyse Winterm CE-based terminals. My alternative will be to
deploy an embedded XP terminal after loading software on it to support
the device communication, but I really don't want to push out yet
another "one-off" to support this product. I know this is probably not
enough information for anyone to make any serious recommendations, but
if anyone knows about any products that will enable 2-way communication
between Citrix and/or Terminal Server and a USB device, I would love to
know about it.

Thanks!!

rob
24 Hour Fitness, Inc.