[THIN] Re: Title bar in Terminal Services Advanced Client

  • To: Spriggs Jon <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 17:01:09 +0100

> I don't think it's in 5.1.2600 (but I might be wrong)

Thanks John,

If it's not in the ActiveX version mentioned above, do you think this
setting is being set in the HTML code of the TSAC (default.htm)?

> - if you get the XP client, there's an option to choose not to use
> the title bar. There are no problems using the XP client in an
> wholly 2k estate.

Unfortunately I need to the the TSAC/ActiveX client rather than the XP
client, so if anyone has any ideas I'd be very grateful.

Best regards and many thanks for your help so far,
Scott.

> Hope that helps.

> Jon Spriggs
> --

> Sent: 20 October 2004 15:45
> To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [THIN] Title bar in Terminal Services Advanced Client

> Hi,

> I've got a small question, and I'm hoping someone will know what I am
> talking about!

> We are running a completely Windows 2000 domain environment (client PCs and
> servers).

> The clients connect to the terminal servers via an Internet Explorer
> shortcut (there are still some local apps) to a version of the Terminal
> Services Advanced Client (TSAC) web page that displays some company
> information (including an Acceptable Usage Policy that we
> require) and then lets them login to their terminal server.

> The version of the ActiveX component of this is 5.1.2600.1095 if that helps
> show what version of the TSAC we are using.

> When they connect to this TSAC web page in full screen mode, they get a
> title bar with a push-pin on it across the top line of the screen (only the
> middle third of the line).

> There appears to be no way to stop this title bar appearing, which is
> causing me a few problems.

> If we connect to the same web page using the Remote Desktop Connection
> (RDC) icon in Windows XP we have the option in RDC (under the Display
> tab) not to display that title bar, which suits our application for the TSAC
> perfectly and works just fine.

> Does anyone know how to achieve the same functionality in the TSAC web page?

> Is it a setting in the 'default.htm' page or in the ActiveX code of the
> Advanced Client?

> Many thanks for your advice, and apologies if this is a frequently asked
> question - I have searched high and low for this answer.

> Best regards,
> Scott.

This Weeks Sponsor RTO Software
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=320