[THIN] Tip of the week: Never see the ask for Access dialog again

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thethin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:08:38 -0700 (PDT)

Tired of seeing the client file security dialog when you open an application
from Citrix Web Interface?

Bigger Problem:

After you click on Client File Security choice and choose Never ask again and
of course you made a mistake in the choice ...you may think you are screwed
because now you can't change these settings again.

However this is NOT the case.

How do you change your settings? I found the answer in the following Citrix KB
article:
http://support.citrix.com/kb/entry!default.jspa?categoryID=168&entryID=841&printable=true

The settings for the Client File Security are stored in the Winnt/Windows
(depending on your OS) directory of your client PC in a file called  WEBICA.INI.

If the contents of this file read like below you will get Full Access to your
drives and never be prompted again:

[Access]
GlobalSecurityAccess=405

That is all there is too it...if you want the settings to be other than Full
check out the above Citrix KB article for explanations of alternatives.

But being tired of my staff calling asking about the popup or saying they made
the wrong choice, I have made a read only version of the file with the above
settings in it and pushed it out via Altiris to all of our workstations.
Problem Solved.

Regards,
Jim Kenzig
http://thin.net