[THIN] The Citrix Server You Have Selected is Not Accepting Connections

  • From: "Robert K Coffman Jr - Info From Data Corporation" <bcoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:37:23 -0400

Pleh, pleh!  said Mr Backward:

Environment is NT4 TSE / MF XPe SP1.  All servers in same farm and same
location.  (Please don't tell me to upgrade, its not like I wouldn't have if
I could!)

Some users are getting the subject error message.  Started yesterday.  Three
of the new MS Patches were applied this past weekend.

The users in question are getting the error message on all apps (ie. it
doesn't just affect certain servers.)

Clients in question all (so far) are running NT 4 locally.

Nothing is logged in event log.  I also tried clearing MSLicensing key on
one client.

Also, I tried logging in from my computer as one of the affected user's, and
it worked??!!

I restarted IMA on each Citrix server, no help.

CPU utilization on these servers is very low (around 10-15% on average.)

I'm at a loss.  It seems like this is either a license problem (citrix
reports 58 free right now and no terminal server license problems are being
logged) or a security issue (but then why does one of the user's IDs work
from my desk?)  Neither scenario seems to fit the facts.

Any help appreciated.

- Bob Coffman

This week's sponsor - Emergent Online
From centralized application management, business continuity, outsourcing, to