[THIN] Re: TerminalServer and PDAs

  • From: "Ron Jameson" <rjameson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:49:00 -0500

I too wish the PDA people would work on a clean solution that works
native thru a TS.  Only way we got it to work is on fat clients in the
network - problem is our remote sites pumping delta data thru a small
WAN link using intellisync is slow.  I have not tried the Puma server,
but cost was prohibitive for our dozen or so PDA users.

I think Microsoft needs to work on this also, just like remote desktop
printer sharing - need a means of piping the sync thru RDP.=20

Active sync works w/mobilesync but you need exchange 2003 & a wireless
connection if you don't have a PC.=20

Ron
Hamlin Technologies