[THIN] Terminal Server Licenses & Citrix

  • From: "Fowler, Mathew" <fowlerm@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 10:52:50 -0500

We have 1 Citrix server running MetaFrame 1.0 (I know, don't laugh - I'm
new to this institution).

We have 5 Terminal Server licenses running on one of our Domain
Controllers. The original install was pointing to a different TS server
than exists now.

The thin clients get an error when trying to connect using the ICA
client that there are no licenses to give out.

Q1: Should the TS licenses be on the Citrix server instead?

Q2: Can the thin clients be setup to get TS licenses from a different
server than the Citrix server?

Q3: Can the Citrix server be pointed at a different TS license server
than originally installed with?

Thanks for any help.

Matt Fowler

Manager of Technical Services