[THIN] TSADMIN

  • From: "Beahm, Keith" <kbeahm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 17:11:33 -0500

I have tried to research this topic thru the archives and various web links,
but I don't feel as though I've found an answer yet - so forgive me if I
just over looked it.
We have a single NT4 domain with mostly 2K servers all with TS enabled in
remote admin mode.  It used to be some time ago that TSAdmin would actually
scan for all servers running TS when the task was selected, but not any
more.  There are a number of WAN servers (in fact most of the servers listed
on any server TSADMIN is run from are WAN servers), but not the '2 large
main office' LAN servers.  I have scanned the registry and it does not seem
to be the source of this limitation.  Even a new 2K server build generates
the same list of servers.  Does this sound line a WINS or DNS issue?  We can
ping by name or IP, and of course these 'missing' servers are accessible by
TS client.

Keith Beahm, Network Engineer
Stinson Morrison Hecker, LLP
kbeahm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
816.691.3374 Desk
816.918.0988 Cell
140*73*707 Nextel

This weeks sponsor - Emergent Online 99Point9.com
Designed to facilitate efficient resolution of your technical server-based
questions, issues and incidents, technical support is a few mouse-clicks away:
you submit your incident-specific support requests via our online support
helpdesk, our certified engineers resolve them while you monitor the progress,
and your systems get back to 99.9% up-time in no time.
http://www.99point9.com