[THIN] Spyware targeting ICA...sort of

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 14:25:33 -0700

FYI..everyone.    If you go to the support forums on Citrix's website and
look in the Windows client forum, you will see a number of people bit by
this one.  Looks like someone is targeting ICA.

adam

----- Forwarded by Adam Baum/genserv/mesaaz on 10/15/2004 02:24 PM -----

                      Adam Baum

                                               To:      "Jason Patten"
<JasonP@xxxxxxxx>
                      10/15/2004 02:15         cc:

                      PM                       Subject: RE: [THIN] registering
the ica client(Document link: Adam Baum)

yes...some stuff on the Citrix website suggests it could be spyware.
adam

                      "Jason Patten"

                      <JasonP@xxxxxxxx>        To:
<Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                               cc:       <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

                      10/15/2004 01:27         Subject:  RE: [THIN] registering
the ica client
                      PM

Adam;
             I am having the same issue with several of my clients.
Running
version 6, 7, or 8.   Are your users all on Windows XP?

Jason Patten
M3 Tech support
Ph.(770) 297 1925 x266
Email: jason@xxxxxxxx
YahooID: jasonrpatten

670,616,629 mph.  Its not just a good idea, its the law.