[THIN] Solved - slow ICA response

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 07:30:40 -0700

DOH!!!

When I put my internal farm in two yrs ago, I created an entry in DNS
called ICA.  I then aliased it to a few other servers so I would get some
sort of failover in case one of the aliased servers went down.  I
completely forgot about it and have been rebuilding the servers in
question, with different names.  You can imagine what happened when the
last aliased server got rebuilt.  All my clients connecting via TCP/IP+HTTP
were affected.    Two solutions: either change the clients to TCP/IP or
point the alias to some other Metaframe server.

adam

----- Forwarded by Adam Baum/genserv/mesaaz on 03/23/2004 07:27 AM -----

                      Adam Baum

                                               To:       thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      03/22/2004 11:55         cc:

                      AM                       Subject:  slow ICA response

I getting reports from users that a few of my servers are slow to respond
to the initial session connect.  RDP goes fast.  If I create an ICA
connection to the IP address, it goes fast.    The address is in DNS and it
shows up correctly in WINS.  Can someone please tell me how ICA does name
resolution.  Is it querying DNS first?

adam

This weeks sponsor Emergent Online.
consulting services you can depend on.