[THIN] Re: Smart card logon using ICA

  • From: Marc-André Lapierre <malapierre@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 11:14:01 -0500

I used the one from microsoft, Beside the fact that I don't like the web
interface to issue the logon SmartCard, everything is pretty straightforward.

Depending on what you want to do, in PS4 (or w2k3 ??? ) you can set an option
(correct me if I'm wrong) to disconnect the session on removal of the SC
instead of simply locking the workstation or do a logoff... Good thing about
this is that you can roam easily and you only have to type in your PIN to get
your apps if you use PNagent on your workstation... if not, use the WI in
passthrough mode for SC.... You can even set a login script to start IE on
login so you will get all your sessions back when you roam.!!!!

If the option of disconnect is not available... I know a company made a tool
that can handle that... I don't like that tool but it works... (they way they
could disconnect the session instead of logging off or lock the screen is by
killing wfica32.exe... IMO that's not a clean way to do that) If you want the
infos of that company, email me personally...

thanks