[THIN] Re: SharePoint Portal Server

  • From: "Friese, Casey A." <CAFriese@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 12:39:46 -0500

That's not entirely true - SharePoint is much more than a web
portal/document management solution.  However, I doubt it will be the
"Citrix Killer".  As with any .Net technology, SharePoint is capable of
providing a stage for customized .Net apps and interfaces.  I guess it's not
too far fetched to see someone take an app that is normally executed through
Citrix and build a .Net wrapper around it and publish it directly to
SharePoint or any aspx enabled web page.

I think it more logical however to have a citrix app launched "from"
SharePoint.  It's not SharePoint that will kill it, it's the advent of aspx,
which the WI is already written in, so Citrix is already there:-)