[THIN] Re: Secure Gateway

  • From: "Claus, Brian" <BClaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 13:21:20 -0500

Don't know if you technically "can" but you definitely don't want to.
That would leave you wide open for attack.
  _____

Brian Claus, MCP, Network+, A+
Network Administrator
WESCO Distribution, Inc.
225 West Station Square Drive, Suite 700
Pittsburgh, PA 15219-1122
Phone:  412-454-2412
Fax:  412-454-2540
bclaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:bclaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  _____

Hi all,
This may sound like a dumb question, but here it goes:
Can Secure Gateway, Web Interface, and MetaFrame XP server reside on the
same server?

I know that Secure Gateway and Web Interface can, but I don't know if
MetaFrame XP can also be on the same server.
I also know that Secure Gateway and Web Interface should be in a DMZ and
the
MF XP server inside the firewall.  However; I've got a client that wants
all
three pieces on one box inside the firewall.  Any benefit to doing this?
What drawbacks?

Thanks,

________________________________
Hector Minero
NSWCDD Code K55
Ph: (540) 653-8859
Fax: (540) 653-8575

This Weeks Sponsor SeamlessPlanet.com Domain Names Register your .com
domain
name for as low as $7.85 One of the lowest prices on the web! Part of
The
Kenzig Group.
http://www.seamlessplanet.com
use