[THIN] Re: Saving TS profile to Novell Server

  • From: "Matt Kosht" <matt.kosht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 11:54:38 -0500

I admin a farm that has a similar setup. We use DLU with a UNC profile
path to a Novell file server with the %username% variable.

This might be obvious but can be easily overlooked with a lot of users.
 Make sure the user has sufficient rights (RWECMF) to the profile
directory on the Novell server.

Another problem I had was with ROAMING profiles w/DLU not getting
deleted from the Citrix server. This was caused by McAfee VirusScan
doing something to NTUSER.DAT. When I excluded this from the scanner the
profiles deleted without issue 100% of the time.

>>> eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 2/13/2004 10:35:09 AM >>>
Hi-

I've been trying to get my farm (Win2K3, SP3/FR3) to save TS profiles
to =
Novell server.  I am using Novell's Dynamic Local User capability to =
create
the users on the fly (which works fine).  We have Zenworks 3.2 and =
Novell
Client v4.9SP1 on the servers.

The profiles will save if I point them to a Windows share.  The Novell
=
share
has full rights for everyone.  The path that is in the DLU profile is
\\fp1\vol1\groups\citrix\profiles\%username%  The %username% gets
substituted fine, but the error message users get when logging in is =
"The
network name cannot be found" along with the part about the local =
profile
will not be copied back to the server.

I've searched both Citrix and Novell's website, as well as used google,
=
no avail.  Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

-Eric

This weeks sponsor Vizioncore, Inc.
--> vc-iMonitor - Performance Monitoring, Control & Reporting
--> vc-iControl - Desktop & Start Menu Management & Reporting
--> vc-iMapper - Drive, Printer & COM Management & Reporting
http://vizioncore.com/products.html