[THIN] SV: W2KTS file association issue

  • From: "Svein Arild Haugum" <svein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 22:28:16 +0200

You can use the ASSOC tools and make a script to define this.

I use to have a script for this for image files, and update it when i
change apps, this way is a walk in the park to reset file assosiations
when some dumb application tries to hijack them, as so many application
tend to do.

The batch script can be like this:  (OIS=Office 2003 Picture Manager)

assoc .jpg=OISjpegfile
assoc .jpeg=OISjpegfile
assoc .jpe=OISjpegfile
assoc .bmp=OISbmpfile