[THIN] Re: STA problem. HELP!

  • From: hboogz <hboogz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 18:34:44 -0500

Thanks For the responses guys.

I've "resolved" the issue.

As you said russell, this message doesn't actually mean that STA isn't
working. I've been so accustomed to expect a blank pae when access
http;//<server>/scripts/ctxsta.dll that a "HTTP - 405. Resource Not Allowed"
strikes me as a problem.

This document indicates that if you receive that message or a blank page
that the STA to CSG and vice versa communication is working fine.

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX101997

Once i figured that out i tried to connect to the application to only find
that i was getting this message.

" Citrix SSL server you have selected is not accepting connections "

After adjusting the logfile levels of the the ctxsta.confg file (
inetpub\scripts) using notepad to LOGLEVEL=3

and changing the log level of CSG  to all ( including informational) I
realized that the STA was issuing tickets succesfully but i was getting
rejected a connection.

These are the event log errors one would receive.

Event Type:    Error
Event Source:    Secure Gateway
Event Category:    SOCKS
Event ID:    190
Date:        11/11/2006
Time:        6:17:00 PM
User:        N/A
Computer:    PHCSG
Socks Session [0] failed ticket check. Client IP [209.208.144.198].

and

Event Type:    Warning
Event Source:    Secure Gateway
Event Category:    TICKETING
Event ID:    100
Date:        11/11/2006
Time:        6:17:00 PM
User:        N/A
Computer:    PHCSG
Client IP 209.208.144.198 sent bad ticket, connection dropped.

This is because i upgraded my existing CSG without removing my OLD STA ID.
It had an old STA ID similar to STA01. Once i removed that STA ID and added
the same server IP it added an STA ID of something STA0E4E8GTR2E.

Once this was changed and CSG restarted, BOOM... all is good...

Thanks for the quick responses guys.

I hope this can help anyone else in the future.

Contact me if you'd like any details that i may have missed.

On 11/11/06, Russell Robertson <russell.robertson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 When you run the CSG diagnostics does it all come up okay?

Reason I ask is that the last box I built (Metaframe XP, CSG3, WI4) I got
this error too, but there is actually nothing wrong with the STA.

Russell