[THIN] Re: SQL Licensing on Citrix environments...

  • From: "Andrew Wood" <andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 20:40:46 +0100

yep, the recommendation is for a sizeable farm to purchase / processor
license

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX106176
<http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX106176&parentCategoryID=274>
&parentCategoryID=274

there was always MSDE to consider. guides say up to 100 servers for MSDE,
I've never had cause to want to push that. Not sure how it all stands with
express edition: think at pubforum it was said that all the sql2005's had
been tested ... really should have held off of the beer :(

  _____