[THIN] SQL DataStore Using NT security

  • From: GWatts@xxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 17:39:15 -0500

I am a SQL newbie so please have patience.We are in the process of
installing a Citrix Farm for a customer and
I got asked this question and I was hoping someone could help me out.

If the Datastore is using NT security on a dedicated SQL 2000 server and
the permissions are based on a group membership.
If I install Metaframe and I am a member of that group the install works
fine. Is it only required that I am a member of
that group for the install or is it required that I continue being a member
of that group?

I was under the assumption that you would create an account on the domain
and set it not to expire.
Can someone clear this up for me? Would you recommend using SQL security?

Thanks in Advance!

Greg

Mantech CTX

This weeks sponsor Emergent Online.