[THIN] Re: SMA Service wont start

  • From: "alan tropper" <alan.tropper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 09:40:53 +0800

Hi Warren,

Thanks for the info I only ran the repair on Xenapp 4.5 using add remove
programs.

Its only the SMA service that wont start as all other citrix services are fine
which is weird, the citrix print mgmt service is up and running.

I have tried to reinstall .Net framework 2.0 but this hasn't helped either, and
I just ran the tool for citrix print manager and this hasn't helped the SMA
service start?

The event ID reads as 'Could not start the Citrix SMA Service on Local
Computer. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control
request in a timely fashion'.

Any other ideas?

Cheers

Al