[THIN] Running a Terminal Services client in MF 1.8

  • From: Brian Ludden <bludden@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 17:04:42 -0400

Hi everyone,

I am running a 2 server 1.8 farm, using NFuse for access. I have published a
Terminal Server client to a user who needs a connection to a W2K server
desktop. This server is not part of my domain, and we connect to it via IP
address. When I (as domain admin) launch the app, I get sent directly to the
server login. When the "normal user" I have created this for hits the
button, he gets the Client screen, where he needs to choose the server (the
IP address is popping up in the selection box). My problem with this is that
he can select and log into my dedicated master browser, as I need RDP to be
up on it for access (no Citrix license for it).

Does anyone know why I get a direct window to the published Terminal server
window, and he would get the TS Client instead?

Brian Ludden
Citrix/Remote Systems Engineer
Jefferson Pilot Communications
1 Julian Price Place