[THIN] Re: Running Apps From Flash

  • From: "Tim Mangan" <tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 09:03:29 -0400

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish here...

The Flash memory acts like a disk, not RAM.  So the app will work (with very
rare exceptions), not unlike using a remote share via a VPN.  I routinely
run installers and test programs from a flash device all the time.  If your
goal, however is to conserve the limited RAM of the server it does not help.
The program still loads into ram.

tim

 I have one application that our data center is crying about using Citrix
with.  I know it will work because the software vendor has a white paper on
configuring it with Citrix.  I was thinking about running the app on Flash
Memory.  It needs about 230 to run, so I figured I'd be safe with 512.
Anyone have any experience (Good or Bad) running apps from Flash?

York County FCU Logo     Great Rates.............Friendly
Service.............York County FCU

Jason Silva
IT Manager

"People Helping People"

1516 Main Street - Sanford, Maine 04073
 P: (207) 324-7511 x.230 - (800)-639-2802
 F: (207) 490-5064
 E: jasons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 U: www.yorkcountyfcu.com <http://www.yorkcountyfcu.com/>

GIF image