[THIN] Roaming Profile paths and security

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 10:32:03 -0400

A few profile questions:

1) I have a shared network point where I use roaming profiles for
terminal server users.  The users has write access to this root folder
so when I specify the path ADU&C it can create the profile when it
redirects the first time (saves me steps from manually creating the root
profile folder).  The problem with this is, that it secures the users
profile to that user only, even though the root folder has permissions
for Domain Admins to have full control. Is there any way around this,
aside from me specifying the empty folder first so it inherits
permissions?  When the profiles redirects, will it change those
inherited permissions anyway?

2) On the Citrix servers, where do I change the path specified that the
profiles is copied to.  It goes to the default c:\documents and
settings, but I want it to go to d:\documents and settings