[THIN] Remote Scan for Terminal Server/Citrix

  • From: "Phillips, Kevin" <k.phillips@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 10:17:36 -0400

Hi all,

 I was wondering if any of you have worked with or tried out Remote Scan
(www.remote-scan.com <http://www.remote-scan.com> ) which allows you to scan
into a published app from a locally connected scanner? I just started
testing in and I was wondering if anyone has had any positive/negative
experiences? My company provides a paperless office solution application
that integrates with our other apps, and also allows users to scan docs into
it as well. Of course for our TS users they do not have that luxury. It
appears to function well with a simple test TS configuration (all on same
network), but I'd also like to see if it can be used in an ASP environment
(getting around firewalls, NAT, etc).  Any thoughts would be appreciated?
Thanks!

Cheers!
Kevin

Kevin Phillips
Web Services Administrator
Creative Solutions - A Thomson Company

K.Phillips@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:K.Phillips@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again."